Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I'm back in a BIG way! (and Introducing 31 Days of Coastal Style!)

Hello, dear blog! Did you miss me? Yes, I know five months is a looong time-- TOO long-- but I promise, I haven't forgotten about you! And to the one or two of you that are still hanging on and checking this page every few weeks to see if I'm still alive, I promise I am. Barely, after the crazy busy summer we've had up here, but yes, alive! ;)

So here is me, re-emerging from under my rock, to announce that not only am I back, but I've actually committed to something scary-- posting for 31 days straight! Yes, I've taken The Nester's 31 Day challenge as my personal summons to reenter blogland!

If you've seen my posts about finding my personal style, or checked out my Pinterest boards, you know that one of my absolutely favoritest subjects of all times is ANYTHING coastal, lake, or beach-themed! So what else does a beach fanatic choose to write for a whole month straight about, but 31 Days of Coastal Style?!? :)


For the next 31 days, I'll be featuring everything from my own DIY beachy decorations, to favorite coastal blogs, rooms, and merchandise! So follow along for a beachy ride!

Today I'm going to give you a sneak peek of my NEW HOME! Yes, you heard that right-- in the time that I have been "absent" from this here blog, my little family and I moved into a brand-new (to us) apartment here at our church! I've had SOOOO much fun decorating, tweaking and adjusting everything to fit my casual coastal style! :) If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably already seen this picture I posted yesterday...


I absolutely LOVE the way our whitewashed plank walls turned out! They add the perfect subtle coastal cottage touch! Of course a few starfish here and there don't hurt, either...



Come back tomorrow as I continue the home tour of our lovely "lake cottage" abode! (No, it's not ON a lake, but seeing as we're approximately 1,000 miles from the nearest ocean and only 7 miles from Lake Michigan, this is what I choose to call my version of inland coastal style) ;) 

I'll be adding the link to each of my "31 Days" posts here, so feel free to pin this post to make sure you don't miss any of our 31 Days of Coastal Style!


Day 1: Intro & Sneak Peek of my "Lake Cottage"
Day 2: "Casual Elegant" Coastal Home Tour
Day 3: Formula for a Coastal Entryway [Buy or DIY]
Day 4: DIY Faux "Ceramic" Coral
Day 5: "All Things Coral" Decor Round-up
Day 6:  Weekend Daydreaming: Cape Cod Relaxation
Day 7: Coastal Color Schemes-- Nautical Navy
Day 8: "Modern Transitional" Navy & White Coastal Living Room Tour
Day 9: Easy DIY Driftwood Sign Tutorial
Day 10: 5 DIY Driftwood Projects
Day 11: Elements of a Coastal Kitchen
Day 12: Beach Wedding Inspiration
Day 13: Weekend Daydreaming-- Sunny Island Beach
Day 14: Advice from the Ocean
Day 15: "Modern Cottage" Coastal Home Tour
Day 16: 10 Ways to Decorate With Maps and Globes
Day 17: Coastal Colors-- Beachy Neutrals
Days 18-20: Weekend Daydreaming-- Two of My Favorite Things
Day 21: A Whale of a Tale
Day 22: Sarah Richardson's Lake Cottage Tour
Day 23: Coastal Colors-- The Warmer Side of Coastal
Day 24: Beachy Bathroom on a Budget- Reveal!
Day 25: 15 Beautiful Beachy Bathrooms
Day 26: 10 Sea Creatures You Can Make Yourself!
Day 27: Weekend Daydreaming-- Beachside Lounging
Day 28: "The Lilypad Cottage" Home Tour
Day 29: Dressing Coastal Style
Day 30: COMING SOON!


I'm so excited for this fresh start! Aren't you?











P.S. Stay tuned for a whole new look here on the blog! My lovely blog designer (who also happens to be my sister), is working hard on a completely fresh design, to go along with my fresh start! :)



Parties I link to:

Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

2 comments :

  1. LOVE IT!! So happy you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,whimsical,fun,& look forward to your posts,pictures & pin ups!..

    ReplyDelete

I love love LOVE comments! Please take a second and leave me one... it'll make my day!