Thursday, April 25, 2013

Things I Love Thursday: Put A {Boat} On It

Welcome to a new weekly feature here at A Heartful Home-- Things I Love Thursday! This week, I'm swooning over the lovely nautical touch that a simple sailboat brings!



Is it just me, or are sailboats the new birds? You may have heard the saying, "if you want to sell it, put a bird on it". :) (And you know how much I love birds!) Well, lately I've been spotting sailboats everywhere!  Long the staples of beach houses and coastal cottages everywhere, these sleek model yachts bring an aura of distinction with them. But you don't have to own a summer home on Nantucket to enjoy the breath of sea air that these gleaming vessels bring! Take a look...

Source: Country Living

Source: Country Living
Source: The Inspired Room

Source: Country Living
Source: Modern-Decors.com

Source: mimirscopybook.tumblr.com
Source: Veranda
Source: Coastal Living
As you can see, a sailboat blends easily with any style-- from cottage to loft, rustic to refined! So if you're looking to add a touch of fresh air to your decor, just PUT A BOAT ON IT!

What do you think? Are you ready to jump on the sailboat/nautical bandwagon? Or does it just not float your boat? ;)












Parties I link to:

Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

2 comments :

  1. Ah I looooove the look of Nautical with boats!!! It's awesome :) since I'm planning a nautical/beach themed bedroom i'll definitely hafta plug that idea in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a nautical look, Kathryn! I'll have to remember that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love LOVE comments! Please take a second and leave me one... it'll make my day!