Monday, October 21, 2013

{31 Days of Coastal Style} A Whale of a Tale!

You've seen tons of starfish and plenty of coral, but the really "big" creature in coastal decorating right now? The WHALE! (pun intended)

From At West End to Pottery Barn, and from Emily Henderson to Domino Mag, the mighty whale is going mainstream! Come and "sea"... (yes, shameless I tell you)

Whale Bookend | Pottery Barn
Source: Pottery Barn
Source: Domino Mag

metal whale cubby
Source: At West End
Design by Emily Henderson
Source: Style By Emily Henderson
Whale Tea Towel
Source: Decor By Color
cute whale wall art
Source: Fish and Chips
whale bottle opener
Source: Pottery Barn
No matter where you live, create a beachy patio with fun coastal pieces
Source: Wisteria
Of course, if you don't feel like shelling out big bucks for your own beluga, there's always the DIY option!

DIY Reclaimed Wood / Salvaged Wood Whale
Source: Finding Home
The Crafty Bee: DIY Whale Pillow à la West Elm
Source: The Crafty Bee
DIY whale chalkboard from Brooklyn Limestone. I don't normally like the ubiquitous blackboard paint on everything, but this whale is just amazing! (Am thinking that it might be possible to do the same with corkboard too, which would also be pretty cool...)
Source: Brooklyn Limestone
Brit + Co.
Source: Valaan Villapaita
So are you "flipping" for the whale trend yet? ;) For more whale decor, check out my "Coastal Style" Pinterest board!



P.S. Please tell me I'm not the only one that thought of "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" when I read the title of this post? Haha...




Parties I link to:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:



1 comment :

  1. Whaaat? Where have I been that I have not noticed the whale trend?! I love it!! it's adorable! I need a whale ASAP?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love love LOVE comments! Please take a second and leave me one... it'll make my day!