Big plans for my two little boy monkeys' bedroom!
And if you're wondering, yes, it involves maps.
Lots of maps!
And navy blue stripes-- WIDE ones.
One bunkbed-- check. Painted blue-- coming up!
I already have the bedspreads as well, in a very similar plaid pattern to this shirt. (How often do you find a matching pair of bedspreads at a garage sale? And for $2 apiece? Whoop whoop!)
The dresser they already have sort of resembles the shape of these stacked dressers. I want to add some funky hardware to enhance that effect :)
And of course, an adventure bedroom is not complete without some airplanes hanging from the ceiling...
...and a globe... or two or three!
WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW:
|Sorry, I'm not ABOUT to show you the whole bedroom... ;) |
Yes, we still have Noah's Ark on the walls! :(
So far, we're off to an okay start... but my big hangup is figuring out how to remove the Noah's Ark border paper without removing the drywall paper with it! :/
Not sure how well you can see, but this is what happened when I tried taking it off of one wall. :( (Why, oh WHY did I ever think border paper was a good idea?!?)
Any suggestions? Have you ever successfully removed border paper (without expensive steamers or other equipment)?
To view my Pinterest board with all of these awesome pins, click here!
Parties I link to:Sunday:
- Adventures Of a DIY Mom: Terrific Tuesdays
- Mercy Ink Blog: All Things Heart & Home Link-up
- My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia: Tuesday's Treasures
- Uncommon: Uncommonly Yours Link Party
- The Winthrop Chronicles: Share It Link Party
- Embracing Change: Creative Inspirations Link Party
- Hooking Up w/ House of Hepworths
- Vintage Gwen: Show & Share
- Chic on a Shoestring Decorating: Flaunt It Friday
- Decorating Insanity: Furniture Friday
- Five Days, Five Ways: Feature Friday Free-for-All
- Miss Mustard Seed: Furniture Feature Friday
- Two Sasters: TGIF Party
It’s Overflowing is sponsored by Appliances Online and their Best Freezers!