I've already done a few tweaks since I showed you that "sneak peek" last week (hey, that rhymes! Ok, Kathryn, no need to be such a dork...) But I'm sure I'll be doing plenty more, so I've gotta just suck it up and show it to you now, or I never will!
If you were here last week, I showed you the "Pumpkins, Apples and Hayrides" sign that I made for the top shelf. (Click here if you want to download your own copy!) You also saw the makeover of my two beloved owls, whom I have now christened Owlexander and Owlbert (thanks to my fabulous sister for the name suggestions!) They now guard the house from the top shelf (and stay out of reach of my Little Monkey!)
Though I didn't really start out with a theme (other than "neutral" and "nature"), it kind of developed into an "fowl" theme-- as you can see, there are birds everywhere! My owl twins are kept company by a white ceramic duck (found at Goodwill), a cream-colored owl salt shaker (from the Habitat for Humanity thrift store), and a white "turkey" salt shaker (shhhh... actually he's a rooster, but we're pretending he's a turkey for Thanksgiving... please don't call "fowl" on me!)
I found the aqua and gold Virginia City plate at my local Goodwill-- the aqua perfectly matches my chalk-painted dining room console table! And I have fond memories of visiting Virginia City with my family growing up, so I love it! The birch candleholders came from a garage sale-- I think I paid $2.50 for the set?
More thrifted things continue on the next shelf: the white book basket, "Fresh Eggs" sign, the little green squirrel, and the birdbath
soap pinecone holder all came from Goodwill (all collected over time!) Are we sensing another theme here? :)
On the fourth shelf (the easiest for my Little Monkey to reach), I try to keep only the most unbreakable of decorations: sweater pumpkins (I tried to copy these, but they kind of came out lumpy-- or maybe that's from being used as footballs by a 14-month-old!) on an already-distressed metal candlestick, deer antlers (from my first, and so-far ONLY buck that I've shot... yes, I'll be going hunting again this fall!)...
and a glass-less frame with another printed quote (find the original post here).
So there she is-- my Autumn Neutral/Nature/Bird-themed bookshelf!
Have you decorated with a theme at all this year? Do you like to go all out with bright color for fall, or do you prefer more subtle, neutral autumn decor?
P.S. Check out my new "Project Gallery" up on top bar, and see if there are any projects you've missed!
Parties I link to:Sunday:
- Nifty Thrifty Things: Nifty Thrifty Sunday
- Southern Hospitality Blog: Thrifty Treasures
- Under the Table and Dreaming: Sunday Showcase Party
- Craft-O-Maniac: Craft-O-Maniac Mondays
- DebbieDoos: Newbie Party
- Flour Me With Love: Mix-It-Up Monday
- This Gal Cooks (formerly Jam's Corner): Marvelous Mondays Link Party
- Adventures Of a DIY Mom: Terrific Tuesdays
- Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
- Elizabeth & Co.: Be Inspired Link Party
- Kathe With An E: You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
- Mercy Ink Blog: All Things Heart & Home Link-up
- My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia: Tuesday's Treasures
- Uncommon: Uncommonly Yours Link Party
- The Winthrop Chronicles: Share It Link Party
- Embracing Change: Creative Inspirations Link Party
- Hooking Up w/ House of Hepworths
- The 36th Avenue: Party Time!
- Vintage Gwen: Show & Share
- Live, Laugh, Rowe: Live Laugh Linky Thursday
- My Repurposed Life: Catch As Catch Can
- The Shabby Creek Cottage: Transformation Thursday
- Two Yellow Birds Decor: Thursday's Temptation
- A Heart 4 Home: Finished Friday
- Chic on a Shoestring Decorating: Flaunt It Friday
- Decorating Insanity: Furniture Friday
- Five Days, Five Ways: Feature Friday Free-for-All
- Here Comes the Sun: Fabulous Friday
- Jennifer Rizzo: Fabulously Creative Friday
- Miss Mustard Seed: Furniture Feature Friday
- The Cottage Market: Junkin' Joe Party
- Two Sasters: TGIF Party