Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Adding Color to My Neutral Fall Bookshelf

Sooooo, since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, that means I can officially start decorating for Christmas on Friday!!! (Well, as soon as we get home from the in-laws, that is... although truth be told I'll probably have to wait through the weekend till I get time to drag out the tree!) So I figured I'd better show you the tweaks I made to my "neutral" fall bookshelf, since I'll be changing it all again in the next few days!



Wanna play "spot the difference?" I decided that I wanted some more pops of color along this wall, so I brought in more of my current fave color: AQUA!




The "Virginia City" plate was already there, so I just brought in a few more aqua things to create a "visual triangle"...


My beloved aqua Ball jar (a $2 rummage sale find, and hopefully the first of many!)...


...and a robin's egg blue picture frame for the lower shelf (it's plastic, and the glass is already gone, so I don't have to worry about Monkey being able to reach it!)


Oh, and I stuck Matt's boutonniere (from a beautiful outdoor fall wedding he performed a few weeks ago) into the little milk glass vase. It provides the perfect coordinating pop of autumn orange!

So that's the final edition of my fall bookshelf (only because I'll be changing it out for Christmas in just a few days!) Until then, I'm planning on enjoying a fantastic Thanksgiving with the best in-laws ever! (No, I'm not saying that because my MIL reads my blog-- she doesn't) I'll leave you to your Thanksgiving with a little quote that challenges me in my thankfulness EVERY DAY:



Happy Thanksgiving, from our family to yours!














Parties I link to:

Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

1 comment :

I love love LOVE comments! Please take a second and leave me one... it'll make my day!